Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Pierre Auguste Renoir Dance at Bougival I painting

Pierre Auguste Renoir Dance at Bougival I paintingThomas Kinkade The Garden of Prayer paintingThomas Kinkade Stairway to Paradise painting
And then a terrifying thought occurred to her, and she looked at Andrew. No, she thought, he wouldn’t lie to me if it were so. No, I won’t even ask it. I won’t even imagine it. I just don’t see how I could bear to live if that were so.
But there he was, all that day, with Ralph. He must have. Well he probably did. That was no part of the promise. But not really drunk. Not so he couldn’t—navigate. Drive well.
No.
Oh, no.
No I won’t even dishonor his dear memory by asking. Not even Andrew in secret. No, I won’t.
And she thought with such exactness and with such love of her husband’s face, and of his voice, and of his hands, and of his way of smiling so warmly even though his eyes almost never lost their sadness, that she succeeded in driving the other thought from her mind.
“Hark!” Hannah whispered.

No comments: