Friday, 10 October 2008

Edmund Blair Leighton The Accolade painting

Edmund Blair Leighton The Accolade paintingEdmund Blair Leighton The End of The Song paintingFrank Dicksee Romeo and Juliet painting
pretty ordinary man myself,” he went on. “Not a bad one. Just ordinary. But I always thought your father was a lot like Lincoln. I don’t mean getting ahead in the world. I mean a man. Some people get where they hope to in this world. Most of us don’t. But there never was a man up against harder odds than your father. And there was never a man who tried harder, or hoped for more. I don’t mean getting ahead. I mean the right things. He wanted a good , and good understanding, for himself, for everybody. There never was a braver man than your father, or a man that was kinder, or more generous. They don’t make them. All I wanted to tell you is, your father was one of the finest men that ever lived.”
He suddenly closed his eyes tightly behind his glasses, and swallowed; a long sobbing sigh fell from him. Deeply and solemnly touched, they moved closer to him, whether to comfort him or themselves they did not know. “There, there

No comments: