Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Rembrandt Saskia As Flora

Rembrandt Saskia As FloraRembrandt Samson And DelilahLord Frederick Leighton OdalisqueLord Frederick Leighton NausicaaJean Auguste Dominique Ingres Napoleon I on His Imperial Throne
with make-up apart from her eyes, which were heavily ringed in black. The general effect was of a lampshade that hadn’t been getting much sleep lately.
‘Well?’ she repeated, ‘Hurry up! They’re shooting again in five minutes!’
‘Er–’ know it but I do. Yes. That’s why I came here. Why didn’t I think of that? ‘Yes,’ he said. ‘Yes, that’s what I want to do. I want to, er, break in. And how does one do that?’
‘One waits for ever and ever. Until one is noticed.’ The girl looked him up and down with unconcealed contempt. ‘Take up carpentry, why don’t you? Holy Wood always needs good wood butchers.’
And then she spun around and was gone, lost in a crowd of busy She unbent slightly. ‘No, don’t tell me,’ she said. ‘You’ve just got here. It’s all new to you. You don’t know what to do. You’re hungry. You haven’t got any money. Right?’ ‘Yes! How did you know?’ ‘Everyone starts like that. And now you want to break into the clicks, right?’ ‘The clicks?’ She rolled her eyes, deep within their black circles. ‘Moving pictures!’ ‘Oh–’ I do, he thought. I didn’t

No comments: