Saturday, 4 October 2008

Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida The Beach at Biarritz painting

Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida The Beach at Biarritz paintingJoaquin Sorolla y Bastida Resting Bacchante paintingJoaquin Sorolla y Bastida On the Beach Valencia painting
her. I shall miss the pretty creatures about the house - particularly one Celia; she is the sister of our old companion in adversity, Boy Mulcaster, and wonderfully unlike, him. She has a bird-like style of conversation, pecking away at the subject in a way I find most engaging, and a school-monitor style of dress which I can only call “saucy”. I shall miss her, for I do not go tomorrow. Tomorrow I start work in earnest on our hostess’s book - which, believe me, is a treasure-house of period gems; pure authentic I9I4.’
Tea was brought and, soon after it, Sebastian returned; he had lost the hunt early, he said, and hacked home; the others were not long after him, having been fetched by car at the end of the day; Brideshead was absent; he had

No comments: