Monday, 20 October 2008

Henri Rousseau The Dream painting

Henri Rousseau The Dream painting
Paul Cezanne Trees in Park painting
your gratitude. Germanicus has told me about you. He says that you are loyal to three things-to your friends, to Rome, and to the truth. I would be very proud if Germanicus thought the same of me."
"Gennanicus's love for you falls only a little short of outright worship," I said. "He has often told me so."
His face brightened. "You swear it? I am very happy. So now, Claudius, there's a strong bond between us-the good opinion of Germanicus. And what I came to tell you was this: I have treated you very badly all these years and I'm sincerely sorry and from now on you'll see that things will change." He quoted in Greek: "Who wounded thee, shall make thee whole" and with that
Paul Cezanne Table Corner painting
embraced me. As he turned to go he said over his shoulder: "I have just paid a visit to the Vestal Virgins and made some important alterations in a document of mine in their charge: and since you yourself are partly responsible for these I have given your name greater prominence there than it had before. But not a word!"

No comments: