Sunday, 31 August 2008

Rembrandt The Return of the Prodigal Son painting

Rembrandt The Return of the Prodigal Son painting
Edvard Munch The Scream painting
Gustav Klimt Mother and Child detail from The Three Ages of Woman painting
stud's part, but mere unconscious lust. The girl, however, must needs have been queer of appetite -- unless like Anastasia with Stoker's dogs, her motives were uncommonly benevolent, or (as when Croaker beached her) she'd had no option. . .
I started to protest: was even a man of Dr. Sear's intelligence and wide experience too bigoted to allow for simple love between the species? But I saw the principle beyond his misapplication of it, and supposed besides that among his motives was the exposition of Anastasia's past. Therefore I agreed, for Greene's benefit, that of the scores of males and females with whom the dear girl beside me had coupled, some at least had surely been inspired not alone by lust but by the conscious urge to exploit her submissiveness -- a pleasure unknown outside the human species.
"Go on andsay it!" Anastasia challenged me. "Tell me I'm flunked, like Maurice does!" She shook off my arm and went to Mrs. Sear, who in a fresh fit of disequilibrium seemed about to roll off the couch

No comments: