Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Filippino Lippi paintings

Filippino Lippi paintings
Francisco de Zurbaran paintings
them but they were dying. That's the way with Martin's aunts."
"Martin's just like all the rest of those French," said Marilla in disgust. "You can't depend on them for a day." Marilla was looking over Anne's Carmody purchases when she heard a shrill shriek in the barnyard. A minute later Anne dashed into the kitchen, wringing her hands.
"Anne Shirley, what's the matter now?"
"Oh, Marilla, whatever shall I do? This is terrible. And it's all my fault. Oh, will I ever learn to stop and reflect a little before doing reckless things? Mrs. Lynde always told me I would do something dreadful some day, and now I've done it!"
"Anne, you are the most exasperating girl! What is it you've done?"
"Sold Mr. Harrison's Jersey cow. . .the one he bought from Mr. Bell . . .to Mr. Shearer! Dolly is out in the milking pen this very minute."

No comments: